Some artist work for the pure joy of creation. Others find joy when people think enough of the creation to buy it.
I would like to believe that most Artist today share both traits.
But whatever the case may be, It’s always good to know what the public is buying at any particular time.
In other words, Which Subjects Sell the most art and What’s the current Preferred Medium?
1. Traditional landscapes.
2. Local views.
3. Modern or semi-abstract landscapes.
6. Figure studies (excluding nudes).
7. Seascapes, harbor, and beach scenes.
9. Impressionistic landscapes.
1. Limited edition offset-litho prints.
2. Limited edition giclee prints.
3. Open edition offset-litho prints.
4. Oil and acrylic paintings.
6. Artists’ original prints (eg etchings, engravings).
7. Open edition giclee prints.
If your favorite subject is on the list, you’re in good shape. If not, you might consider expanding your portfolio. But from a personal point of view I feel that each artist needs to follow their own path. Let me know what you think!
Plus The Best Fine Art News. Join Us Now!